Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Get on the SMASHBOX bandwagon

It's time I posted something about one of my favorite companies ever - SMASHBOX. I had known about Smashbox for some time, but as a certified cheapskate I hadn't gotten around to trying any of their oh-so-talked about products, until a friend of mine who works there changed my mind with the help of a few of their staples. First of all, let me say that everything, yes EVERYTHING, I have tried from Smashbox is excellent, you really can tell it is very high quality. Here are a few of the standouts that I think are worth a few extra bucks for what they deliver:

1. EYE SHADOW TRIO




I tried this little wonder in "Twilight", which includes a shimmering white, silver, and black, all colors that I didn't have too much experience with in terms of shadow. I needn't have worried about that though, the color was intense, so a little bit went a long way, but at the same time surprisingly low key. Perfect for that kicked up night on the town look. The trio comes in a range of color combinations, from bold to subtle, and once you try it you WILL notice the difference (I think the quality is even better than most of the other "higher quality" department store brands I have tried over the years). I admit, I still use other shadow too, because at $28 a pop this is an indulgence, but worth every penny.

2. PHOTO OP UNDER EYE BRIGHTENER

Ever since I can remember, I have what my family lovingly dubs "swedish circles", in an apparent effort to chalk up our dark under eye circles to our partial Scandinavian heritage (my family is odd). Regular old cover up helps, but until I tried this under eye brightener I had no idea how much the right product could completely transform the look of my under eye area. WOW! I'm going through my tube of this like there is no tomorrow. I am completely sold on this product, and at $18 a tube, its still a bit pricey but lasts for a while.

3. PHOTO FINISH FOUNDATION PRIMER


Holy flawlessness, batman! This is my favorite product hands down right now. I wasn't all over the primer idea, even though I had heard a lot about them, until I tried this product for myself. Not only does it add a whole other level of flawless finish to my makeup when worn in combination with it, if I don't feel like wearing a full face of makeup but don't want that "no makeup" skin either, I just apply this over my moisturizer and I'm so good to go. It goes on matte, lasts all day, and doesn't clog my pores. It is a bit pricey at $36, but seriously, if you get only one item from Smashbox, get this. You WON'T regret it.

Now, these are the products that really stuck out to me and justified the extra money, but you may be looking for something else. Whatever you are looking for, if you are in the mood to splurge while supporting a cruelty free and totally glamorous company, check out Smashbox first. They are totally TOP NOTCH.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hi! You've been quoted for Best Beauty Pick: Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio! Thank you! We are looking forward to hear more great reviews from you!