Monday, April 21, 2008

THE WARRENTED SPLURGE

Sometimes, even for a cheapskate, a splurge is a good thing. I was at the hairdresser this weekend (no, that wasn't the splurge) and was, of course, perusing the magazines while getting my highlights applied. As I looked in an In Style magazine from a few months ago, I came across a product feature for Smashbox's "O-Gloss" ($22), and completely wanted it.


As you know, I am always on the search for the perfect pink-flushed lip gloss, and this product intrigued me. O-Gloss Intuitive Lip Gloss promises that "this innovative silky formula goes on clear and then reacts with your personal skin chemistry to instantly transform into your own custom shade of pink". It's like the mood lipstick from my childhood days, but a) I bet it actually works and b) mood lipstick always seemed to tell me that my mood was for lip color remeniscent of flamingo pink, but uglier. But Smashbox, oh Smashbox, I trust that your product will not do this. Not only does it claim to find the perfect pink blush shade to compliment my personal chemistry, it also has good for me stuff in it - "O-GLOSS is packed with our exclusive microcirculating Goji Berry-C Complex™ and ginkgo biloba, pomegranate seed antioxidants, revitalizing marine botanicals and moisturizing avocado oil for lustrous shine". Niiiiice. I will have to try this soon and tell you all the tales of my pink tinted adventures.

While on the Smashbox website, I found MORE products to covet. I think that because I have seen what a huge result the products of theirs that I have tried have delivered, I'm caught in their beautiful web now. Sigh....

1. PHOTO FINISH FOUNDATION PRIMER SPF 15 WITH DERMAXYL COMPLEX


AAAAAAAH! How could Smashbox make my favorite product even better? By adding SPF 15 and their Dermaxyl Complex (an advanced peptide treatment clinically proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles over time) to their already fab formulation replete with vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea for antioxidant protection. I LOOOOOVE the old Photo Finish to bits, and this one looks even better. It is an extra $8 ($42 for this puppy) but really, in terms of upscale cosmetics, that is still a steal and this product is SO WORTH any price! I must try this soon....

2. FILTER WITH DERMAXYL COMPLEX ($28)


I also completely want to try this product. It promises a one-two punch of camoflauge and correction. First, "this portable pen-like filler has a silicone tip that targets the delicate eye and mouth area instantly filling in laugh lines, flattening crow’s feet and disguising fine lip lines", plus the Dermaxyl to help actually improve your facial lines. Knowing how much I love their primer, I can't wait to test this one out.

3. SHEER FOCUS TINTED MOISTURIZER ($30)


I have always liked the idea of tinted moisturizer, but just haven't really ever tried it. But with the summer months coming on fast, and me feeling pretty dandy about my skin quality at the moment, I might give the ol' tinted moisturizer a try. Smashbox's take promises that their "unique citrus honey moisturization technology nourishes skin as it absorbs excess oil throughout the day and UVA/UVB SPF 15 guards against future damage so skin stays flawless and protected". Sounds sweet.

Lastly....

4. O-GLOW INTUITIVE CHEEK COLOR ($26)


It makes so much sense to me that the personalized color flush capability of their O-Gloss would also be a welcome addition to cheeks. I've been neglecting new blush advances lately, using a stick blush that I have almost worn through, so it is time to find something a bit better, I think. All the good stuff of O-Gloss, but for my cheeks! MUST TRY THIS!!

No comments: