Tuesday, April 29, 2008
RETURNED FROM THE DESERT AND A FAB MAKEUP DEAL!!!
From the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, CA near Palm Springs. It is a weekend that is always fun, and always tests the abilities of my products to keep my physical appearance and well being in tune (what with the sand, the wind, the 100+ degree heat, yipes! Good times). And I felt well taken care of this year. :-) My Alba night cream, especially, and my proactiv, saved my skin from turning into an overly dry and yet broken out mess. I LOVE MY FACE PRODUCTS.
On a product related note, this morning when I logged on to my email I found that one of my friends had passed on this AMAZING deal info to me - just what I was craving after a weekend of roughing it in the desert - glam makeup for $1 a pop!!!!!
"The make-up line E.L.F. ( Eyes, Lips, and Face) has been bought out by Nordstrom and will be re-packaged with the Nordstrom name on it. They are getting rid of all the make-up in ELF packaging. They are selling everything for $1. yes - one dollar. You do have to pay shipping, however, even with that charge it's cheaper than buying make-up anywhere else and it is fun to try things when you don't have to worry about the cost! They have powder, mascara, brushes, nail polish, you name it .. Just thought I'd pass along the good deal.Also, if you use the coupon code: CAROLINA you will get $7.50 off your first $15 of your purchase.Here is the site, have fun!"
I checked it out, as I have heard of ELF but haven't tried any of their stuff yet, and first things first, they are cruelty free and extremely active, even donating a portion of the sales of their "fur free" tweezer set to stop the fur trade. YAY!!! I LOVE YOU ELF! And it looks like they have some neat buys.... And for a FRIGGIN DOLLAR A POP???? Yeah.... I'm in. I also like that they have reviews for each product by users on their site (and they are real reviews, because there is a good mix of likes and dislikes with each product). This is what I think I am gonna try:
1. SHIELDING HYDRO-TINT SPF 15
"Anti-aging formula combats premature aging and protects against sun damage while leaving skin radiant and lightly hydrated". Tinted moisture will be my new thing. I swear.
2. ALL OVER COLOR STICK (I'm gonna try it in "Pink Lemonade") . "3 in 1 color for your eyes, lips, and or face! Get the color that illuminates for a healthy glow, and instantly soothes and conditions the skin for fresh and natural color all day long"
3. NATURAL RADIANCE BLUSHER (in "flushed") "Exquisite, delicate, pigment payoff that makes cheeks radiant combined with a healthy-looking glow. Infused with texturizing agents, skin feels smooth and pores are minimized". I was JUUUUUST reading in ALLURE this weekend (ok, so my roughing it desert trip involved beauty mags and a pool at one point) that blush was HUGE in this year's collections. So get those cheeks a glowin'.
4. SUPER GLOSSY LIP SHINE SPF 15 (in Malt Shake and Pink Kiss) " This Super Glossy SPF 15 formula fights environmental damage while leaving your lips with a healthy glossy glow." Lip glossy gloss. Nuff said.
5. NAIL POLISH (in Clear, Nude, Champagne, Gum Pink) "This color-lock formula and chip resistant shield gives long lasting nail color with high shine. The aerodynamic bristle design glides color on flawlessly, while the quick dry formula gives perfect application every time. Key nutrients give nails that natural shine, infused with Vitamin E for stronger healthier nails." Sounds good.
6. SHINE ERASER "These amazing little sheets instantly absorb oil, minimize pores and mattify shiny skin. Woven texture eradicates shine and keeps skin matte for hours. Green Tea Extract helps re-texturize skin, masking facial imperfections." I dunno about the retexturization claim, but these sorts of blotter sheets are great.
So that is my list. They also have bath stuff and mineral makeup, but those aren't $1. Boo. But this is good, lots of stuff to try and if I don't like it, it was a BUCK! Let's girl out and give each other junior high sleepover makeovers....