Thursday, May 29, 2008

like sunshine in a bottle...

Although I have a very strict product regimen for my face due to obnoxious breakout issues if I vary from said regimen, I also buy facewash for my fiance to use, and thus am able to still get my testing jones out to a certain extent. My latest find is Vitamin C Refreshing Cleansing Gel from Avalon Organics (the same company that makes my beloved ALBA products)

This stuff was a good deal, $10.95 for 8.5 fl oz, and boasts that it "gently removes impurities and nourishes skin with organic Aloe. Fortified with the synergistic action of Vitamin C plus Lemon Bioflavonoids, Melatonin and organic White Tea to refresh and balance for healthy, radiant skin." It also explains that "Magnesium Ascorbal Phosphate is a form of vitamin C that is readily utilized by the skin cells to protect against damaging free radicals, and stimulate collagen and elastin production. One of the most stable forms of vitamin C, it will remain active over the shelf life of the product", which is something that I never even thought about (the stability of something like Vitamin C) but it makes sense.

Lasty, it is scented with organic sweet orange essential oil and it SMELLS FRIGGIN FANTASTIC!!! If I wasn't on a Proactiv (or possibly AcneFree) regimen I would TOTALLY use this product like a FIEND. PS - I had to use it the first day I got it because I was out of Proactiv and hadn't found AcneFree yet, and it did a super job, skin was really clean but not dry. :-)

No comments: