Thursday, May 15, 2008

Is it just cooler if its from abroad?

I know I shouldn't think so, but so often I do. And when I find a site like Baudelaire (www.baudelairesoaps.com), a website that carries several luxurious, cruelty free personal care lines from places like France, Switzerland and Italy, I TOTALLY envision the richest bathing experience ever. These fill me with wanting:

1. APIANA HONEYCOMB SHOWER GEL ALPINE MILK (6.8oz for $12.50)

"These elegant products come from the village of Erlenbach, high in the Swiss Alps, where the air is crystal clear, the views are breathtaking, and wildflowers fill the fields with fragrance. It's a paradise for bees...and beekeepers. Honey gathered from these Alpine hives is the key ingredient in all Apiana soaps and body care products."

2. LAIT CLENSING BATH MILK IN FIG (16.9oz for $30)

"LAIT Bath Milks all feature innovative European plants milks, a blend of the plant's oils and extracts, that leave your skin refreshed and lightly moisturized.
"

3. PROVENCE SANTE EAU DE TOILETTE IN APRICOT OR BERGAMOT (3.5oz for $30)

The Apricot scent description reads " A delightful, sensous aroma, distilled from the flowers of the apricot tree, that captures both the citrus and sweet notes of the fruit. With 8-15% essential oils: more concentrated than cologne but less over-powering than perfume." Mmmm...

And, they carry men's products too, which I think is cool and handy with Father's Day coming up, so I thought this cologne looked excellent.

PROVEDENCE SANTE MEN'S COLOGNE IN GREEN TEA (1.7oz for $17.50)

And, is it just me that thinks that an old fashioned shave set with a cup, brush and real soap (used of course with a non-electric razor) is the SEXIEST and COOLEST thing EVER? Just me? I doubt it... Well, if you ARE like me, or know someone who is, then you will appreciate why I think this shave set is too amazing...

PROVENCE SANTE MEN'S SHAVING SET ($67.50, ok a bit pricey but super cool you must admit)

The kit comes with an awesome shaving dish, brush and luxurious men's shaving soap. I love love it. So much.

This site runs the price range divide from the totally reasonable to the pretty pricey, but most of it seems pretty doable.

Just thought I would share...

No comments: